Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6.1 Cisco 888 MGCP endpoint configuration

alastair.yong
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've got one of the newish Cisco 888 SRST gateways talking to a CUCM 6.1 via MGCP. The problem is that I cannot get the BRI endpoint to register. When I strip out the MGCP configuration, the BRI comes up, L1, L2, L3 etc but as soon as MGCP enabled and ISDN bind-l3 ccm-manager service MGCP is configured, the interface can't get multiple frames established. IOS is 12.4(20)T4.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Al

2 Replies 2

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Make sure the hostname on the router matches the gateway name configured in CUCM. Also, if you have a domain name configured on the router, this will need to be included in CUCM. For example, if the hostname is "router" and the ip domain name is "domain.com", the name in CUCM will need to be router.domain.com.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for your post. I'm not using a domain name and the hostname is correct. show ccm-manager shows some synchronisation with CM. MGCP debug is telling me configuration updates are passing between devices. I did have FXS working too, but they're not registering either now. I'm thinking that the 12.4(20)T4 is not supported on cucm6.1. Anybody know where i can check?

Al

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: