IOS software MTP

Answered Question
Jul 15th, 2010

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3/vvf_c/interop/intcnf2.html#wp1004679

I have read the docs on how to configure software based MTP on an IOS router but my understanding is that when a DSP Farm is created it uses DSP recourses?? Am I wrong in assuming this?

Attachment: 
I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Jaime Valencia about 6 years 6 months ago

From your link:

MTP

Software-only implementation that does  not use a DSP resource for endpoints with the same codec and the same  packetization time.

Hardware-only implementation using a  DSP resource for endpoints with the same G.711 codec but a different  packetization time.

Note Because a software-only MTP does not require DSP  resources, you can configure a software-only MTP without a voice network  module, or on the NM-HDV if you do not enable the dsp services dspfarm command for the voice card.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Jaime Valencia Thu, 07/15/2010 - 08:58

From your link:

MTP

Software-only implementation that does  not use a DSP resource for endpoints with the same codec and the same  packetization time.

Hardware-only implementation using a  DSP resource for endpoints with the same G.711 codec but a different  packetization time.

Note Because a software-only MTP does not require DSP  resources, you can configure a software-only MTP without a voice network  module, or on the NM-HDV if you do not enable the dsp services dspfarm command for the voice card.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

Actions

This Discussion