Zero out for Operator Script

Answered Question
Jul 15th, 2010

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

I am looking for an alternative script for a customer.  This is UCCX 7.01SR5 Enhanced.  They want to offer the ability for callers to hit 0 while in the ‘queued’ branch and be redirected to an operator or voicemail.  I have seen sample scripts that utilize a MENU step within the QUEUED branch to offer this to the queued callers, but this option is only available to the callers for the duration of the timeout period.  The client wants the caller to be able to press 0 at ANY TIME while queued.

Is there a way to make the CALL HOLD step INTERRUPTIBLE?  This would allow the caller to press ‘0’ (or any input) during the hold cycle and opt out to the MENU Step.  Then, if the MENU step was also interruptible and did not flush the input buffer, it would take the appropriate output branch.  The only other option is see is to use PLAY PROMPT steps in the QUEUED branch rather than CALL HOLD.  PLAY PROMPT steps are interruptible and can turn on barge too.  But this means playing multiple parts of a 2.5 minute message separately.

I am looking for ideas and welcome your input.  Thank you for your help,

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Gabriel Saavedra about 6 years 4 months ago

Hi,

You can use the Create container prompt step to pull all the prompts you need. After that you can use the Get digit String step with the "container prompt" as your Prompt, then set this step (get digit string) to be interruptible, and the only option to press to be the zero, also put the input length to 1. So you will have a succesfull step where you can send the call to the voice mail or the operator and a timeout and unsuccesful step where you can put a "go to" step to send the call to the queue again.

Gabriel

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Gabriel Saavedra Thu, 07/15/2010 - 10:20

Hi,

You can use the Create container prompt step to pull all the prompts you need. After that you can use the Get digit String step with the "container prompt" as your Prompt, then set this step (get digit string) to be interruptible, and the only option to press to be the zero, also put the input length to 1. So you will have a succesfull step where you can send the call to the voice mail or the operator and a timeout and unsuccesful step where you can put a "go to" step to send the call to the queue again.

Gabriel

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content