Power Injector - SPA500 Series

Unanswered Question
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Alberto Montilla Sun, 07/18/2010 - 10:50

Dear sir;

Please use the PA100 power adaptor for the SPA500 phones if your switch is not POE. You can purchase it from same partner you got the phones. It is not a power injector but power adaptor.

Steven Howes Mon, 07/19/2010 - 03:45

I'm guessing given the nature of the question, the person wants to use PoE rather than a power brick...

I've heard good things about powerdsine power injectors. SPA series seems to use standard PoE so chances are, anything is likely to work. There is a PDF floating around with power consumption - they are low enough to work with anything though.

CTRLITINC Tue, 07/20/2010 - 10:31

You are able to use either the power adapter specifically made for the phone or a PoE Injector. I would be inclined to use the PoE Injector becuase you can use w/ any PoE device and not a specific phone model. You can also pick up a PoE Injector at one of the big box computer stores(in use Fry's or Micro Center).

Any PoE injector should work due to PoE being a standard and I have personally used the PoE Injector on the SPA504G and SPA525G phones when a PoE switch failed, so they are great to have handy.

Steve Wofford

Call Ctrl Call Manager for

SPA900 - SPA500 IP Phones

This Discussion