Views
Helpful
Replies

Power Injector - SPA500 Series

jcartier
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I was told their is currently no Cisco PoE injector available for the SPA500 series phones...is this true?

If so, has anyone had any experience with a third-party power injector?

Our scenario is where we need to power two SPA500 phones from a non-PoE switch.

3 Replies 3

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear sir;

Please use the PA100 power adaptor for the SPA500 phones if your switch is not POE. You can purchase it from same partner you got the phones. It is not a power injector but power adaptor.

Regards;
Alberto

I'm guessing given the nature of the question, the person wants to use PoE rather than a power brick...

I've heard good things about powerdsine power injectors. SPA series seems to use standard PoE so chances are, anything is likely to work. There is a PDF floating around with power consumption - they are low enough to work with anything though.

Steve

CTRLITINC
Level 1
Level 1

You are able to use either the power adapter specifically made for the phone or a PoE Injector. I would be inclined to use the PoE Injector becuase you can use w/ any PoE device and not a specific phone model. You can also pick up a PoE Injector at one of the big box computer stores(in use Fry's or Micro Center).

Any PoE injector should work due to PoE being a standard and I have personally used the PoE Injector on the SPA504G and SPA525G phones when a PoE switch failed, so they are great to have handy.

Steve Wofford

Call Ctrl Call Manager for

SPA900 - SPA500 IP Phones

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: