cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure FXS ports on a h323 gateway

gil.guevara
Level 1
Level 1

Will someone point me to a configuration for FXS ports on a Cisco h323 gateway.  We are using CCM 4.2.

These analog lines should be able to call outside via 9xxx-xxxx, 91xxx-xxx-xxxx, make 5 digit dialing 1xxxx, 2xxxx.  Thanks

15 Replies 15

Adrian Saavedra
Level 7
Level 7

Hello friend,

This is FAQ. You can use the search tool.

You can follow this document: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/fxs/configuration/guide/fxssccpsplmft.html

Hope it helps, please rate if it helps.

Kind regards,

- Adrian.

This is on a Cisco 1900 router.  These anlog lines will be used for faxing only.

attached is the show run.  The ports are 0/1/0 and 0/1/1   18701 and 18702

I can call the fxs port from a cisco phone but I cannot call out from FXS lines.

Hello,

Sorry, I didn't find the show run...

Kind regards.

hmmm.  I can see the attachement.  I'll try attaching it to this one too.  I'ts called analog.cap  Thanks

Hello,

I can see the file. Thanks. Let's see what dialpeers are matching when calling from your fax devices. For each call, please take debug voip ccapi inout.

Kind Regards.

debug attached.  Thanks

anyone?

What are the called and calling numbers???

calling number  - FXS x18701

called number = call manager phone x11399

Thanks

Please put no digit-strip the dial-peer 3 and remove the forward digits and test it again, if does not works collect debug voice ccapi and debug vpm signal at the same time while trying to make a call

Done - still didn't work.  Attached is the debug.  FYI  - becasue this gatway is also providing T1/PR! services you will see that traffic too.

Here is the other debug with the no strip command

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: