cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Looking for procedure to restore a configuration to a wae.

DARYLE DIANIS
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to restore the configuration to a WAE 7341.  copy tftp start does not seem to be the right command.  Is there another way to restore the configuration?

4 Replies 4

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

Was the device previously registered with a Central Manager, or is it just a text copy of the CLI configuration that you are trying to restore?

Zach

The device was RMA'd, so I had it sitting on my desk and since the config was so small, it was just as easy to cut and paste it in from the command line.  I was suprised that copy tftp didn't seem to be the right way to upload the config, like a router or switch.  No problem, though, thanks for asking.

What error did you get with the copy tftp startup-config command?

Zach

there was no error, the command completed ok.  when I rebooted, the wae did not find config that I uploaded.  When I called tac, they said I had to paste it in and it turned out to be easy to do.  Its ok now, but I really won't be able to try anything out, now that I'm back in production.

thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: