Which one is CCNP 2010 test should I take first?

Unanswered Question
Jul 15th, 2010

Community,

I have a question. I need to, at least, renew my CCNA certification and of course go to CCNP. But, first thing first, renew my CCNA. Between exam Route, Switch, and Troubleshooting - which one is less troublesome to pass??

I know lot of people would say - start from Route, switch, and troubleshooting because they accumulate knowledge in each test...But, again , just to pass one to make sure my CCNA won't expire.

My background - I've been working as Net Eng for 3 years and have my hands on routers, switches and for sure troubleshooting...

Please, write your input.

Thanks

Paul

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
pinhers2000 Thu, 07/15/2010 - 15:18

Wow! I thought this

was the right community to ask this question!

No one has replied yet....

Leo Laohoo Thu, 07/15/2010 - 16:11

Which one is CCNP 2010 test should I take first?

The EASIEST one.

Whatever subject you feel strong or confident about, do it first.

pinhers2000 Fri, 07/16/2010 - 08:43

that's also true! I think it's the SWITCH test. Switching is something that we deal day a day...Router - 70 % of all networks I've been thru deal only with BPG & EIGRP - so I would have to catch up with others (30%) routing protocols before taking the test. Catch up I mean by test level... Troubleshooting..you know....after certain extend...it can be very tricky...

But what I was really hoping to see here is someone that have been thru all 3 test and testify like ...yes SWITCH test is more relax - something like this....

However I know they are new exams, the old ones have not been retired yet so maybe not many people haven't had opportunity to take the new exams....

Thanks for your reply Leo!

Please send more inputs if you can....

Leo Laohoo Sun, 07/18/2010 - 20:51

Errrr ... Horses-for-courses.  You could be strong with routing but others are strong with switching (whatever the case maybe).  Each module has over a thousand questions that randomly picked by the system.  Some people may get easy questions and some won't.

Actions

This Discussion