Views
Helpful
Replies

CME call forward/call park question

rebeling
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have recently installed a CME system for a customer and they are reporting the following issue:

They claim that if a phone is forwarded, that phone is unable to pickup parked calls.

Here is the scenario:

·         An attorney sets his phone to forward all calls to his secretary.

·         A call comes in to the attorney’s phone, and goes to the secretaries’ phone as it should, as it is forwarded to it.

·         The secretary answers the phone and determines that it is a call the attorney needs to handle.

·         The secretary then parks the call, walks to theattorney’s office and tells him he need to pick p the parked call.

Everything is good up to this point, and functions just as it always did.

·         Previously, the attorney could just dial theparked call number and pick up the call.

·         However, now when the attorney calls the parked number, it simply initiates a new call back to the secretaries phone.

·         If the secretary does not answer, it willeventually terminate in the attorney’s voicemail.

So, the attorney (or anyone else for that matter) cannot pick up a parked call while their phone is in a Call Forward state.

My question is is this normal behavior or is there something I can do to fix this?

Cisco IOS Software, C2900 Software (C2900-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.0(1)M1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

router#sh telephony
CONFIG (Version=7.1)
=====================
Version 7.1

Thanks

1 Reply 1

rebeling
Level 1
Level 1

This is the final issue to be resolved on this installation.

Help a brother out!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: