cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do we alert agents that there are other calls in the queue?

thanmad
Level 1
Level 1

Hey,

I'm trying to figure out a way to alert agents that there are other calls in the queue (whether they're ready or not-ready).  I've seen systems that have a separate button on the phone that flashes when there's a call sitting in the queue.

The purpose of this is two fold:

1) if they are on a call they know they need to step up the game a bit to get the current issue resolved.

2) if they are "not-ready" and didn't notice the software, the blinking phone should help jump-start their brain to think "why isn't my phone ringing?"

A wallboard, while nice, is not practical for the situation i'm looking at (information desk).  I'd like to minimize the number of things they have to keep track of (walk-ins, a PC, and the phone only), and a flashing button seems like a good way to do that.

Has anyone seen something similar to this on UCCX?

JM

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi thanmad,

I don't have a sample script with me on hand now, the script i did before is part of our production scripts. But the script required to alert the agents is fairly simple.

First part is identifying when you would like the alert to be triggered, for example say when the call is been in the queue for 2 minutes. You can achieve this in different ways; you can use “Get reporting statistic” and use a field which will give you the Current wait duration of the caller, in this case Report object “csq ipcc express” need to be selected. You then need to compare the result with the predefined duration (seconds) and if the result is higher, then trigger the Alarm.

The Alarm is triggered to the alerting device by using “Call Consult Transfer” set a time out for it and then send the call back to the Queue. Make sure this device doesn’t have any VM setting or forwarding configured to it. If you don’t want reporting statistics you can just put this step where you want in the script and when the call hits it, it will trigger the alarm.

Not sure if it makes sense to you but I would recommend you playing with it and see if it is what you are looking after.

HTH!

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

kking2008
Level 1
Level 1

Have you considered IP Phone Agent instead of CAD?  I think you can show the queue stats as a default display when phone is idle.

I don't know about Express, but with Enterprise, CAD real time stats for the agent show the calls in queue against the skill.

They can just keep the real time stats window open.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi,

I had similar issue before, wallboard or idle screen wasn't helping much, I needed something that can tell the agents that a call on the Queue using speakers, so that they can hear it. This way they don’t have to look at the wallboard or any stats to know there is a call on the queue. Very simple but did the trick for me. I recorded a ring, that says “Call on a Queue, Please attend!” Dedicate a Cisco Phone that will play that while ringing, on my script if the call stays on the queue for a predefined period, the call will jump out of the queue the alerting phone for 12 seconds and go back to the queue. All the agents now know that there is a call waiting for them.

HTH!

OK, that's pretty cute. Points for effort.

Won't work at a big call center. With a big call center there are ALWAYS calls in queue - it's the nature of the beast.

What are your agents doing when they hear this ring they can stop, and suddenly go ready? Why aren't they already ready? If they are ready, but all occupied, what can they do with the current customer to speed up the process?

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

You are probably right it will not work in big Call Centers, but it works fine in my work place. We only have few agents (6 - 10). Also the alert is trigered by how long the call is been in the Queue, NOT when the call first hit the CSQ.

If they are on a call with a customer already there is pre much nothing they can do, but they will be alerted and know there is another call waiting for them.

The issue I was having was the agents make them self “Not ready” for whatever reason e.g lunch, then they forget to be ready and needed constant reminder.

Thanks for the input.

Regards.

Also the alert is trigered by how long the call is been in the Queue, NOT when the call first hit the CSQ.

Cool. Even better. Thanks

Regards,

Geoff

Mnour, do you have a sample script you could share for your cool queueing trick?  I think something like that might work, for our group.

Guys,

What kind of license are you running in your UCCX? (standard, enhanced, premium?)..if you have a premium license you could send an email to the agents when the call has being X min in the queue.

Just another idea if you have that license.

Gabriel.

This is exactly what I am trying to do right now and can not find anything on how to do this...

Hi thanmad,

I don't have a sample script with me on hand now, the script i did before is part of our production scripts. But the script required to alert the agents is fairly simple.

First part is identifying when you would like the alert to be triggered, for example say when the call is been in the queue for 2 minutes. You can achieve this in different ways; you can use “Get reporting statistic” and use a field which will give you the Current wait duration of the caller, in this case Report object “csq ipcc express” need to be selected. You then need to compare the result with the predefined duration (seconds) and if the result is higher, then trigger the Alarm.

The Alarm is triggered to the alerting device by using “Call Consult Transfer” set a time out for it and then send the call back to the Queue. Make sure this device doesn’t have any VM setting or forwarding configured to it. If you don’t want reporting statistics you can just put this step where you want in the script and when the call hits it, it will trigger the alarm.

Not sure if it makes sense to you but I would recommend you playing with it and see if it is what you are looking after.

HTH!

Hi This seems helpful to me , Can you please share the part of the script of how you did it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: