cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN connects but cannot connect to LAN nor access Mapped Drives.

chalmeidajr
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco Community,

My name is Carlos Almeida. I'm running into a problem with one of my clients' Cisco VPN Client. VPN has been set up properly, but when he connects to it. It says it is connected, but he is not able to access any of the network folders, or if he opens IE it says "IE Cannot display the webpage".

What I found even stranger was the fact that it does not matter where he is, for example if he is at home, or working from another state, it does the same thing.

One more weird fact is once he connects to the VPN and I am remotely connected to his machine, I no longer am able to log into his machine remotely if he is connected to the VPN.

I've already enabled the option to "enable LAN" within the VPN Client, but the same still happens.

I've had this ticket opened for about 9 days now, and I just have no idea what is happening.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Carlos Almeida Jr.

8 Replies 8

sjbdallas
Level 1
Level 1

Have you tried changing the transport protocol in the client from TCP to UDP?  It's a radio button on one of the tabs in the connection entry.

Thank you for your quick response.

I actually did try that option, but with IPsec over UDP when I tried to connect the VPN I got an error message stating"Secure VPN Connection terminated locally by client. Reason 414: failed  to stablish a TCP connection." And VPN would not connect.

Thanks again for your response.

It sounds a lot like  either a crypto map ACL issue or a NAT exemption config issue.  Can you post them here?

we will need more insight into to this to answer this, could you please attach the following

how to do want the vpn to be setup- do u want the users to able to access internet when they are connected to vpn

i am not able to correctly understand, are u not able to access internet or r u not able to access ur local lan or are you not able to access resources on the head end device

please attach ur config, u can remove ur public ip's

I am sorry if I did not explain the situation clearly enough.

What I want to do is basically what everybody who has a VPN set up wants. Once the VPN is connected, I would like for my customer to be able to surf the internet, and simply be able to see and connect to his network folders (mapped drives).

What is going on right now is. The VPN connects properly, but as soon as it connects, he loses access to the internet. And, while the VPN is connected he cannot view or access his network folders that are on the server that he is connected to via VPN.

Thank you for your help !!

Please post your configuration ( remove public ip's ). It appears like you need :-

1> Split Tunnel for internet access for the client i.e. The vpn client will only tunnel the traffic that is internal to your site and rest everything will go to his isp gateway.

2> For internal resources it appears that you need no nat statements and reverse route set up.

Thanks

Manish

chalmeidajr
Level 1
Level 1

Just to add a little note to this thread. The problems is not happening for everybody. Only this specifc user is having the problem. I have set up other VPN for different users from the same company with the same settings and everything works properly.

Thank you all for your help !!

what kind of operating system is he using ? is it VISTA or MAC { also does he have kaspersky or any other antivirus with firewall } ? If its vista then the best thing is to GET RID OF VISTA . lol

thanks

manish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: