cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Customer Regular scheduled callback not occuring

jawilson_1
Level 1
Level 1

How does the Campaign Manager or the dialing list table get updated with the caller's scheduled callback request that is captured in the IVR script and the dialer knows to dial that record?

I've tried writing the callback into my import table but th edialing list doesn't keep the values of CallResult and CallStatusZone1 that I hardcode in the import table.

this is ICM 7.5.8 with 7.0.1 SR5 IPIVR

10 Replies 10

Edward Umansky
Level 4
Level 4

You cannot schedule a callback with an IVR campaign. If you re-import the record in a new import file it appears as a completely new record from the dialer's perspective. The original record is not changed.

This is an agent based campaign and i would want to insert it as a new record for the dialer to callback at the date/time the caller entered it.

If this is an agent-based campaign, how can the caller be entering a time? Agent-based campaigns do not involve an IVR at all. Are you writing a custom application that inserts records into an agent-based dialing list?

Also when you say "insert", how exactly are you inserting records?

I am using the ipivr script to collect the phone number and date/time and inserting into the import table on the logger.  The import file then updates the dialing list based on my query for callback or phone01.

How exactly are you inserting into the import table?

Via a DB Write step in my IPIVR script.  I used the following query:

INSERT INTO (Phone01, CallbackNumber, CallResult01, CallbackDateTime01, CallStatusZone1) VALUES (5555551212, 5555551212, 14, convert(datetime, $CallbackDateTime01, 20), 'B')

That query inserts the values into my import table on the logger.  it works every time for a regular non-scheduled callback and the regular scheduled callback.  Only problem I'm seeing is that the latter does not propogate all the fields.  I just get the phone01.  I've already adjusted my import rule to include these custom columns as well and validated that they're created in the import table.

Unfortunately you aren't allowed to directly insert records into the table this way. You are only allowed to add records via import text files (there is no way to set a specific callback time via an import file). If it isn't working right for you that is because it is not intended to be used in this way. If you insert directly into the import table, you may cause dialer errors and you definitely will not get support from Cisco.

What you can try is inserting records directly into the Personal Callback table with a specific callback time, which you can leverage to send calls to a general skill group if you know how to use it. Take a look at the outbound user guide for more info on how the personal callback table works. Another solution would be storing records and only importing them via text file at the time they need to be dialed.

Let me clarify.  I have the one import table to write the results of that query.  The second import table is created via import rule which I do have a text file defined.  I do also have a batch file that will automatically take the values from the 1st table then copy them to the text file and rename it.  Then the 2nd import table is updated.  does that make sense?

Ok, just make sure you do not directly manipulate any of the Cisco provided dialer tables. There is no way to import a CallbackTime or CallStatus via import rules. The custom fields do not map to anything in the dialing list, they can only be used as a filter in your Query Rule, beyond that the dialer ignores them. The two options you have for scheduling calls for specific times are: 1) wait to import the records via import file at the time the records need to be dialed 2) utilize direct inserts into the personal callback table.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: