Migrating of Device license from one MCS server to another MCS server..

Unanswered Question
Jul 16th, 2010
User Badges:

Dear All,

Anyone can help me out the exact procedure of  migrating the device licenses unit from one MCS server to another MCS server...

I have one MCS server with call manager 6.0 and registerd with 300 IP Phones but  i have scraped  this MCS server and bought new MCS server 7825 CM 8.0 with 1000 seats.

Somehow I came to know that we can use existing device licenses with new  server also. So anyone  can tell me how can i download existing licensing file from old MCS server and upload in new MCS server.

Thanks/regards

Mahavir

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Aaron Harrison Fri, 07/16/2010 - 04:31
User Badges:
  • Super Bronze, 10000 points or more
  • Community Spotlight Award,

Member's Choice, May 2015

Hi

You can go to System/Licensing/License Upload, select each license and copy the contents into a file with the same name as listed there...

Then open a TAC case, send them the licenses, and explain that you want to rehost them.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Rob Huffman Fri, 07/16/2010 - 08:37
User Badges:
  • Super Red, 40000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony, Unified Communications

Hi Mahavir,

I'll just add a note to the good tips from Aaron (+5 "A" - team)

Cisco Licensing is very,very good about re-homing these licenses when required. Just send an email to;

[email protected]

Something like this;

We recently aquired licenses tied to PAK xxxxxxxxxxx for our CUCM 6.x cluster. We have a License tied to MAC CCCDDDAAABBB and now require the license to be re-homed to our new server Publisher MAC AAABBBCCCDDD accordingly.

Here is the pertinent info;

End User Name - Bobmart.com

Legal Address

City,Country

Purchase Order Number - 111111

Sales Order Number - 2222333

Bill to ID - xxxxx

Ship to ID - xxxxxxxxx

Thanks in advance for all your help with this! Can you please email the new license to:

[email protected]

Hope this helps!

Rob

Actions

This Discussion