cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrating of Device license from one MCS server to another MCS server..

guptamahavir
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Anyone can help me out the exact procedure of  migrating the device licenses unit from one MCS server to another MCS server...

I have one MCS server with call manager 6.0 and registerd with 300 IP Phones but  i have scraped  this MCS server and bought new MCS server 7825 CM 8.0 with 1000 seats.

Somehow I came to know that we can use existing device licenses with new  server also. So anyone  can tell me how can i download existing licensing file from old MCS server and upload in new MCS server.

Thanks/regards

Mahavir

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You can go to System/Licensing/License Upload, select each license and copy the contents into a file with the same name as listed there...

Then open a TAC case, send them the licenses, and explain that you want to rehost them.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mahavir,

I'll just add a note to the good tips from Aaron (+5 "A" - team)

Cisco Licensing is very,very good about re-homing these licenses when required. Just send an email to;

licensing@cisco.com

Something like this;

We recently aquired licenses tied to PAK xxxxxxxxxxx for our CUCM 6.x cluster. We have a License tied to MAC CCCDDDAAABBB and now require the license to be re-homed to our new server Publisher MAC AAABBBCCCDDD accordingly.

Here is the pertinent info;

End User Name - Bobmart.com

Legal Address

City,Country

Purchase Order Number - 111111

Sales Order Number - 2222333

Bill to ID - xxxxx

Ship to ID - xxxxxxxxx

Thanks in advance for all your help with this! Can you please email the new license to:

bob@mart.ca

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: