MARS/IPS/ACS/CSM integration and configuration check list

Unanswered Question
Jul 16th, 2010

I'm working on an implementation which includes CSM, CS-MARS, and ACS to manage FWSM's, IPS sensors and a mix of 3750/6500 switches.

Reading up on the self defending network stuff I see its possible to integrate all the managment platforms, but I cannot find a document that describes anymore than an overview of how these are supposed to work together.

There is plenty of detailed information explaining the configuration of the individual products but cannot find any good guides showing how it all works together other than sales type litreature.

What I really need to produce is a check list that I can run down to make sure I've configured all the correct stuff so that these systems can all work together in the self defending network way.

So far I've added all the network devices to ACS, CSM and MARS, I've added ACS and CSM into MARS, am going to cross link ACS and CSM next week. I've still to configure IPS signature support on CSM.

Question is, is that all I need to do or is there more? I feel given the amount of guff on the self defending network that I may be missing something important here.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion