Views
Helpful
Replies

how to do etherchannel

julxu
Level 1
Level 1

hi

currently my cat6500 (vss) two 10 gig ports link to another cat6500 ( no vss). I want to make etherchannel to bind them and make a 20g link.

if I configure as below, will it has any problem? I guess I will put VSS as channel active mode, and another cat6500 which link to internet will set channel mode passive, is it correct?

interface Portchannel1

switchport

swithport trunk encapsulation dot1q

swithport mode trunk

switchport nonegotiate

udld port

mls qos trust dhcp

spanning-tree link-type point-to-point

interface TenGigabitEthernet1/13/1

switchport

swithport trunk encapsulation dot1q

swithc mode trunk

switchport nonegotiate

udld port

mls qos trust dscp

spanning-tree link-type point-to-point

channel-protocol lacp

channel-group 1 mode active

any comments will  be apprecaited

thanks in advance

julxu

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi julxu,

If I understand you question correctly, you have an access layer 6500 switch that needs to connect to a pair of VSS switches.  If that is the case, Cisco's recommendation is to use PAGP, so the Etherchannel can be used for Dual-active detection mechanism.  For Dual-active detection LACP is not supported.

HTH

Reza

View solution in original post

not sure if I understand what you mean by virtual domain.  If you are planning to create a VSS pair, they both will be in the same domain.  If you have multiple VSS pairs then each pair need to be in a separate domain

HTH

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi julxu,

If I understand you question correctly, you have an access layer 6500 switch that needs to connect to a pair of VSS switches.  If that is the case, Cisco's recommendation is to use PAGP, so the Etherchannel can be used for Dual-active detection mechanism.  For Dual-active detection LACP is not supported.

HTH

Reza

so, do I need create virtual domain?

not sure if I understand what you mean by virtual domain.  If you are planning to create a VSS pair, they both will be in the same domain.  If you have multiple VSS pairs then each pair need to be in a separate domain

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card