Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC historical reporting export

Hi all, simple question.

I would like to export ALL data in historical DB. Any ideas if this is possible and if so how?

Do we need to connect to SQL and export?

Any ideas would be welcome!

Best regards,

Lieven

4 Replies 4

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Use SQL Enterprise Manager and make a backup of your AWDB and your HDS database. Restores these backups onto another machine under SQL Enterprise.

Now you have a complete copy of the historical data and the configuration data that resolves the identifiers in the HDS to names you can understand. You can play with this.

What exactly are you trying to do here?

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

I'm not really happy with the reports as provided.

As with CDR export for CUCM I would like to have 'access' to the Hist Repo DB and extract the data I want to be able to do with the figures what I want to.

Thanks!

Perfectly understood. Some customers access the HDS for a number of specialized reports. Customers also export the HDS data to Business Intelligence data stores.

Please download a copy of the ICM Schema document and study the tables.

You will also need to know how the tables work in the AW and HDS - some objects that appear to be tables in the AW are really views into the HDS tables. SQL Enterprise Manager will show you the arrangement.

Cisco caution against querying the tables on a running system during working hours. The safest thing is to export to another machine on a nightly job and play with that. As long as you don't mind being roughly a day behind, this can work.

If you need more timely info and must query the HDS during business hours, you must understand how to query the RCD and TCD tables efficiently because these are not indexed in a way that's suitable for reading - they are designed for high-performance writing. It is easy to call a badly designed query on these tables that can spike the CPU and affect the ICM system.

Having a copy of the DB to experiment in building efficient queries is advisable.

Regards,

Geoff

Arul
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Geoff,

I looking to get a dump of HDS database, for building some reporting. Any idea where I could a dummy dump to be able to rest my reports?

Thanks

Arul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: