Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 8.0 & Global Subscriber Manager

t.joy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have installed a new unity version 8.0 UM server and was hoping to use GSM and Cobras to migrate the users from the 4.2.1 server over to the unity 8 server, however even having installed the latest available files from ciscosupport, I do not get any move option only delete.

Any one got any ideas or suggestions.  Both servers are in the same domain etc.

Unity 8 homed to exchange 2007 where all users are.

Unity 4 homed to 2003 connector then to the exchange 2007.

Can pass messages between servers fine.

J

4 Replies 4

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

According to the compatibility matrix for the various tools on www.ciscounitytools.com, GSM is not compatible with 8.0.  It is TAC supported so you could verify that with TAC but check here first and see the compatibility. 

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/SiteList/AllDownloads/alldownloads.html

Documentation for 8.0 does reference using GSM but mostly in the context of deleting VPIM locations, etc.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

guilhem.perez
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I'm planning to do the same like you in two Weeks:

Use GSM + COBRAS to migrate user from Unity 4.2 to a fresh installed Unity 8.X.

As GSM seems not to be compatible with Unity 8.X, fInally, what have you done?

Thank you

Best regards

Hi

Firstly I just wanted to say that the Unity 8 upgrade docs imply that GSM can be used, but as we know it doesnt work, so this is what I did.

I performed a COBRAS backup of the users then deleted the user from the 4.2 system  (think I used GSM to do that, but it was a while back now and cant remember).  I then imported the COBRAS information into the new unity 8 system, which noted that the exchange information was there, and ask me if I wanted to create the user, etc.  This worked for the 1200 users I had with only a few users having issues with alias names.

I checked this operation with a couple of users before the big bang approach.

Regards

Terry

Thank you for your feedback. It's really appreciable.

Best regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: