Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

offset-list matching prefix/prefix-length

How do I construct the access-list to match prefix/prefix-length? Not only prefix. I am reading the CCNP routing study guide (642-802) and autor says by implementing an extended ACL (source address should match the prefix and destination address should match the prefix length).

But offset-list EIGRP router command do not allow extended access-list in parameters!!!!

I am testing using GNS3 with IOS Version 12.4(17a).
Greetings.

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Juan Carlos,

EIGRP command reference for IOS 12.4T confirms your impression the ACL that can be invoked is a standard ACL or a named ACL

see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/iproute_eigrp/command/reference/ire_i1.html#wp1027258

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Juan Carlos

I wonder about the context of the original statement about using an extended access list. Is it possible that it was talking about doing this with BGP? It does work with BGP to use an extended access list and the first address and mask define the prefix and the second address and mask define the prefix length.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card