Views
Helpful
Replies

Downgrade from 8.0.2 ?

dlandriscina
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I recently upgraded to 8.0.2 because I needed to support the SPA 504G phones  have been experiencing choppy call quality across the board and other random issues (has this been found with other people).  I noticed it also upgraded the phone loads on my 7931 phones.  If I wanted to downgrade to a previous version of software, what do you recommend would be the closest release to downgrade to without any of these issues and if it is going to be a painful process??

Thanks,

Domenick

9 Replies 9

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi There,

I would propose to you that you hold of downgrading for the time being, I believe there will be another release shortly for 15.1 IOS which I would hope resolves many of the problems that have plagued 15.0.1

I am not sure what might happen if you downgrade, the base code features when you upgrade change, and thus certain things within the configuration change as well, there is potential for ramifications with a downgrade what they are I can not tell you as I have not attempted it.

The other suggestion I can put forward to you is see what phone loads are available now for the UC500 and if they are more up-to-date then manually upgrade them to the latest ones which may fix up some of the choppy issues you have.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Thanks for the advice Dave.  Was call quality one of the issues reported in 8.0.2?  I just installed it

a few days ago and havent really been folllowing the boards too much.

Hi There,

Sorry for the late reply, I have been fairly busy pursuing some other interests

From what I can tell, there are quite a few users reporting this voice quality issue, the bulk of them though seem to revolve around the CUE side of it. However I have seen on occasions the issue you are experiencing with just general call quality.

I am generally a fussy person, so before I didn't any deployments I would test these factors as part of the system test schedule, and if any of the issues arose I would work on the solution prior to deployment, normally this consisted of testing various phone loads and or in some cases CME IOS, until at least I found the best possible solution (Problem might not have gone entirely, but it is still in a deliverable state).

As Always I would highly encourage you to conduct a full barrage of testing on the system before any delivery and or deployment is done, sadly it is a mistake by many when deploying a system, they aim for just doing a drop box solution, I want to make it clear from my perspective (And this is just my opinion), I do not believe there is such a thing as a drop box solution, if a system has not undergone a full range of tests (barrage) or scrutiny, then it is not worthy to be deployed.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

now finding myself plauged with vpn problems, has anyone tried to downgrade and use the IOS from the older release instead of the 15.0.1?  I took a look at my configuration now vs before and it seems almost exactly the same.  im beginning to get very desperate as my clients are really complaining big time.

Cristian Boboc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

Indeed there is a problem with the quality of voice on last version 8.0. The voice stream is choppy in CUE. We deployed like 5 UC500 in last month and the customer start complaining about this. We don't have any deployment with this version without this problem. Hope Cisco will have new releases  soon to fix the problem. Cheers.

Hi Cristian

Interesting comment.  I find that the 8.0.2 package significantly improved the performance of my UC520. 

Have you opened a Small Business TAC case to understand what may be the cause of your Issue? 

Sure sounds like a better way to go rather than retrograding the UC500 to a older version of code.

regards

Dave Hornstein

Small Business Channel Systems Engineer

Research triangle Park

Raleigh NC

Check this discussion too.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2019729/

Cristian Boboc

Solutions Consultant

Bell Business Markets

T: 905-614-8460 M: 416-347-0712

cristian.boboc@bell.ca

Yes. SW pack 8.0.4. (we are skipping 8.0.3) will have CUE 8.0.2 which

fixes that problem and more.

The solution test is nearly done and we are releasing with CCA 2.2.5,

which will give you many new features to configure like Dialable

Intercom, Group Paging, whisper intercom CBarge, HLog for agent

control on hunt groups, fxs port restrictions, phone titlebar

adjustment, to name a few.

Quality has to come with this release so it will run it's course in

test but we seem to be just a couple weeks away.

Steve DiStefano

Technology Solutions Architect - Sales

Cisco Systems

Research Triangle Park

North Carolina, U.S.A

www.cisco.com/smb

On Jul 28, 2010, at 11:39 PM, "cristiboboc"

Just an update to this line of thinking thread; we've seen this issue and upgraded to 8.0.2 to fix the issue with no luck. This one was not related to voicemail but in and outbound calls. We waiting for 8.0.4 and upgraded praying it would fix the problem and no luck......

A call to support and we "think" we have found the issue, are you ready for this, wait for it;

Logging!

According to the techs, console and firewall loggin was turned on (no big deal), but ti would cause the CPU to spike to much (during high packet counts) that the audio would be affected.

Now I'm a little skepticle of this, and we are waiting a full week to call it fixed, but if it does turn out to be the cause there will be hell to pay; PO'd customer, losts of troubleshooting, many late nights, etc. All for logging (if ti was the cause)

So, I guess the question is what is the default cisco for logging if enabled? And why would this kill the system so bad?

Waiting to see if the nightmare is over.....

Bob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: