Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice Service VOIP - H323

a.gooding
Level 5
Level 5

Guys,

running into a wierd issue where my CPU utilization is going over 90%. processes showed CCH323_CT as the process taking 48%. sent the show command to output interpreter but it advised that it could see a high utlization but no process was causing it (or something to that effect).

we are running advanceipservices on a 3845 and we had 12.4(24)T3 running and i noticed the issue so i upgraded to 12.4(25c) to see if that would solve the issue.

based on the following url http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/products_security_advisory09186a00801ea156.shtml

i assumed it was a bug and would have been corrected but im still seeing the same process and its utiliting the same amount of % utilization. Eventually, im not able to complete calls so it is affecting the system of course.

My only fix at this point in time is to remove Voice service VOIP completely. once this is done, it immediately drops and stays at 3% thereabouts.

My question is, why is this occuring and what steps do i need to fix (ill be opening a TAC of course but im hoping i might have some insight with you guys)

The setup we have is the following

1. 3845

2. 2 T1/E1 -One configured only

3. DSPFARM services

4. SIP trunk to a GSM gateway.

thanks in advance with any insight.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

auppal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

cch323 being at 40 % looks like there is a call loop. Can you see sh call active voice brief shows how many legs on the router?

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

auppal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

cch323 being at 40 % looks like there is a call loop. Can you see sh call active voice brief shows how many legs on the router?

Thanks

you were on spot there and issue was resolved.

thanks once again