cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8.x COBRAS Import Error

dtran
Level 6
Level 6

Hi all !!! Hope everyone is doing well !!!

I am in the middle of migrating from Unity 4.0.5 to Unity Connection 8.0.2c. When I try to run COBRAS import (1.1.146) I am getting the error below. I am using a Dell desktop machine running Windows XP SP3 with no virus scanner, no firewall, no web proxy. I've also installed Informix ODBC driver and latest MS .NET

Has anyone seen this issue before ?

Thanks in advance !!! I appreciate any inputs/suggestions !!!

D.

(error) on WAV file upload - nothing returned from the web service on the Connection server.

Unable to upload a test WAV file to the remote Connection server. Make sure that you turn off web proxies and ensure that HTTP traffic on port 80 and 443 to the Connection server is not being blocked by a virus scanner or a firewall.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

D Tran,

Did you log into CUC 8x and install the web certificate on your PC?  Also make sure that the DB Proxy service is running as well as the CUAL (Cisco Unity Access Layer)?

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

D Tran,

Did you log into CUC 8x and install the web certificate on your PC?  Also make sure that the DB Proxy service is running as well as the CUAL (Cisco Unity Access Layer)?

Hailey

Hi David !!! I appreciate your quick response !!!

Did you log into CUC 8x and install the web certificate on your PC? Yes, I did

Also make sure that the DB Proxy service is running as well as the CUAL  (Cisco Unity Access Layer)? Yes, all services are running.

I think it's something local to my Dell desktop machine because I just tried run it on a laptop and it works fine. Any ideas why it would not work on the Dell desktop ?as far software required to run COBRAS import, both machines have the same software installed.

Thanks David !!! very much appreciate your help !!!

D.

Well, one thing you have to look out for is disk space available on the machine you're hosting COBRAS on. When COBRAS does the upload tests, it actually copies files locally to a temp folder in the install path of the COBRAS program. You may not be hitting that but I have and it was a pain to figure out.

Other things would be local firewall on the PC (I think you ruled this out). It could also be compatibility as far as the Informix drivers are concerned (you probably had this covered as well).

In any case, if you got it working from a laptop - just stick with that. Less headache typically equates to better chances of success.

Hailey

Hi David,

I only tried import 1 subscriber from the laptop just for a test. The laptop works but it's too old and slow. I still have to figure out why it would not work on the Dell desktop. I am confident it's something local to the Dell desktop. Nothing ever goes as plan, there is always something in the way and it's always something crazy like this.

Thanks David !! appreciate your time !

D.

I had similar problem and this is how I solved it:

- On the server you run Cobra import, make sure you install the certificate of UC server

- Typically this certificate is assigned to the hostname of UC server, not IP, so you also need to add the host name and IP to the host file on the import server

- To validate you have done the above properly, browse to CUADMIN page on the import server by https://UCHostname/cuadmin, you should not get any certificate warning

- Then lauch Cobra import and use Hostname to connect to UC server, not by IP

This solved my problem and hope it helps you as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: