Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN ONE WAY AUDIO BUT TWO WAY AFTER PLACING ON HOLD

a.gooding
Level 5
Level 5

Hey guys,

as the subject said, we are using ip communicator through a checkpoint VPN going off to a SIP trunk in order to place calls. Internally everything is fine, but once im on the VPN and i place a call, the other person cannot hear me but i can hear them. if i place the call on hold for say two seconds and then resume, everything is fine after that.

i was checking around MTP but not sure why it would work from inside and not on the VPN. IP COM using G711 as well.

any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated

thanks

2 Replies 2

I think it is MTP problem.

I suggest to turn off IP voice media streaming service and test the call ( if you are using software MTP) or any way to test the call without the MTP and see what is the result.

One more thing make sure the you checked Media termination Point required under SIP trunk configuration page.

MTP is checked for the SIP trunk. Note that it is working for all phones with the exception of the VPN. ill turn off the voice stream and see what it does. i was thinking some type of issue on the checkpoint (but then its always easier to blame checkpoint)

Thanks ill try and get back to you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: