Views
Helpful
Replies

MCS 7845-I4-IPC1 / on IBM - Equiv 2 Teaming/ILO how to configure on this box

allanwells
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'mfFinding it impossible to find configuration information  that outlines how to configure the  two NICS (teaming in HP model) and the management port (ILO) for the MCS 7845_I4 IBM equivelant.

Are both NIC's supported for CUCM 7.1.5 also have this I4 server for  Unity Connection 7 / CUCM 7?

I vaguely remeber reading that redundant NICs for Unity connection wasnt supported, could this be correct???

Anyway if someone can point me to the doco for this it would be great.

MCS 7845-I4 - configure management port

MCS 7845-I4 Configure redundant Nics

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Login to CUCM or Unity Connection CLI and add this command:

set network failover enable

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

allanwells
Level 1
Level 1

MCS 7845-I4-IPC1 / on IBM - Equiv 2 Teaming/ILO how to configure on this box

Hi,

I'mfFinding it impossible to find configuration information  that outlines how to configure the  two NICS (teaming in HP model) and the management port (ILO) for the MCS 7845_I4 IBM equivelant.

Are both NIC's supported for CUCM 7.1.5 also have this I4 server for  Unity Connection 7 / CUCM 7?

I vaguely remeber reading that redundant NICs for Unity connection wasnt supported, could this be correct???

Anyway if someone can point me to the doco for this it would be great.

MCS 7845-I4 - configure management port

MCS 7845-I4 Configure redundant Nics

Login to CUCM or Unity Connection CLI and add this command:

set network failover enable

Hello, the failover option works very well thanks.

How about the SYS MGMT port that is left on my MCS7825i4 machine?

I can't find any doc on this port and what it does in life, anyone know or have experience using it?

Thanks!

The IBM equivalent to ILO is called RSA, and in every case I've found it is supported but not included in the MCS78xx boxes.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/ps5748/ps378/data_sheet_c78-478937.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: