WVC210 Firmware Version 1.1.1

Unanswered Question
Jul 18th, 2010

I just picked up a WVC210 and went to the website thinking all the latest spftware versions would be there so I downloaded all. Wanted to flash firmware update before any configuration and picked up latest on website (my mistake, I mistook it as 1.1.15). The camera came out of the box v1.1.1. So I flashed the firmware and realized afterward I actually downgraded the camera. Want to get back to version 1.1.1 but cannot locate it on the Cisco/Linksys site nor the media it came with.

Does anyone know where I can get the firmware version 1.1.1 for the WVC210 camera?

Thanks for any help.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Harold Giles Thu, 08/05/2010 - 11:55

I made the same mistake as John in thinking that Cisco posted the latest firmware release on their website.  Right after I bought this cam yesterday and configured the device, I upgraded (but actually downgraded by mistake) the firmware to make sure the latest was installed.  After that I have been experiencing issues with the motion detection.  Before applying that firmware release from their site, the device clearly displayed v 1.1.1. However, after applying the firmware it now displays v 1.1.0.

I called SBSC w/ an request for the original firmware v1.1.1, however this individual stated that the lastest was posted on the website and there was nothing he could do.  He basically said that this is the naming scheme of Cisco for their firmware releases (they go backwards in numbering). I find that to be untruthful or a lack of knowledge.  I compared there firmware release naming schemes for other IP Cams and have not discovered any of those firmware releases going backwards in the numbering.  My belief is that the latest release is available, but has not been posted on Cisco's website.  SBSC is not aware and will not be able to help. 

This Discussion