Views
Helpful
Replies

SRP527w VPN setup

toddz1234
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to know how to configure SRP527w  without a static outside  ip address to establish a VPN tunnel with VPNC3000.

Thanks

32 Replies 32

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I need to know how to configure SRP527w  without a static outside  ip address to establish a VPN tunnel with VPNC3000.

Thanks

To establish a VPN connection over the internet you need to have static public ip peering in configuration between the two devices.

Hope to help !!

Ganesh.H

Was hoping to be able to do Remote VPN. is there anyway to accomplish that?

Thanks

Hi Sean,

We do not currently support VPN client on the SRP500 - point to point IPSec only at this time.

Regards,

Andy

Hi,

Is there any update on the 527W supporting VPN endpoints or been a vpn server?

I would like to connect my iphone/ipad to the 527w via vpn, is this possible?

Cheers

Matt

Matthew Koch wrote:

Hi,

Is there any update on the 527W supporting VPN endpoints or been a vpn server?

I would like to connect my iphone/ipad to the 527w via vpn, is this possible?

Cheers

Matt

Yes, I was also wondering this. Is is possible with the right firmware to setup the SRP527W as a VPN server?

Hi All,

Our plan is to provide this in the next maintenance firmware release - this is expected early in Feb 2012.

Andy

Hi Andy,

Any update on when the latest firmware will be available with the VPN feature??

Cheers,

Matt.

Hi Matt,

We're just starting some pre-release testing on this feature for the SRP527W - unfortunately we're running a little late on our earlier schedule.  Currently, we expect to post this towards the end of the month.

We have just released this feature for the SRP520W-U and SRP540W products.

Regards,

Andy

Hi Andrew,

what is the update for vpn end point on the SRP 527W? It's now march 2012...

regards

Thanks for that Andrew,

I've just updated the firmware and discovered that site to site VPN no longer works as per your reply. So does that mean I can't have Site To Site VPN and Remote VPN to VPN end point running at the same time?

If so this is really a horrible design flaw on Cisco's part. Most users would like this router to be an End Point + Site To Site simultaneously.

regards

Paul

Hi Andrew,

Does that mean I have to reconfigure my router again for Site To Site for this new firmware?

regards

Paul

Hi Paul,

You shouldn't need to reconfigure your VPN settings for new firmware. It is only possible to use either the VPN remote access server, or site to site VPN functionality.  I appreciate that this limiting.

Regards,

Andy

Hi Andrew,

i'm trying to set up my iphone and ipad and imac to connect to the router trough vpn,

i've set up the router but i can't find anywhere how to set the secret or certificate for it.

what is it used as certificate?

Andrea

Andrew Hickman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

The latest code posted on cisco.com includes VPN server.

Please note that this may be used as an alternative to site to site VPN ie when you enable the server, site to site is disabled.

Also, as it was referred to earlier in the thread, the SRP cannot be used as a VPN client.

Regards,

Andy

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: