Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial peer configuration

nitsg.gupta
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I am beginner in voice and I need help to configure Dial-peers on cisco routers.

between two router i can configure dial-peer and calling is successful but whet i create a scenario with multiple routers like Router R1, R2, R3 and R4.

all routers are connected back to back.

IP phones are connected to R1 and R4 only.

I can create dial peer on R1 and R4 for inbound and outbound.

what i need to configure on R2 and R3 to get calling successfully done.

ospf is done between all router and pinging end to end.

please help....

Thanks

Nitin

3 Replies 3

Adrian Saavedra
Level 7
Level 7

Hello,

If IP connectivity exists between R1 and R4 in your multiple router scenario, you don't need dial peer configuration in R2 and R3 to get calls between R1 and R4.

Kind regards,

- Adrian.

Thanks for the reply.

Still I am not getting success to call from R1 phones to R4 phones. with only two routers there is no issue.

with 4 routers as u r saying there is no need to configure anything expect IP reachability on R2 and R3, but I think once we configure dial peer on R1 to reach R4 phone and dial peer on R4 to get R1's phones and IP reachability between them.

in this case how R2 will receive calling information and will forward to R3 coz there is nothing configured yet about voice calling information.

IP PHONE----->R1---------------------------------R2---------------------------------R3----------------------------------R4<-----IP PHONE

(1001)                       (12.0.0.1)     (12.0.0.2)        (23.0.0.1)     (23.0.0.2)        (34.0.0.1)        (34.0.0.2)               (2001)

if we talk about call legs there are total 8 call legs. what about  R2 and R3.

I am also puttting configuration here what I have done on R1 and R4.

R1

====

dial-peer voice 2000 voip

destination-pattern 2...

session target ipv4:12.0.0.2

codec g711ulaw

R4

====

dial-peer voice 1000 voip

destination-pattern 1...

session  target ipv4:34.0.0.1

codec g711ulaw