Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE failed rserver connections

Hi ,

i have an ACE 4710 , version A3 2.0 , am i trying to reassign the TCP connection of one failed server to other operational servers in the server farm.The connection should be sticky to the server until the server fails. Is there any way ?

Thx

Dan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dan,

first, not all servers accept TCP connection to be reassigned to them...

This is because tcp requires 3-way handshake and keeps track of sequence/ack numbers.

Therefore, the servers need some way to exchange this information or to start in the middle.

On ace, we have 2 commands "failaction reassign" or "failaction purge".

The reassign is to simply move the connection to a backup server.

The purge is to kill the connection forcing the client to reopen a new one - this new connection will then be loadbalance to an active server.

Gilles.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dan,

first, not all servers accept TCP connection to be reassigned to them...

This is because tcp requires 3-way handshake and keeps track of sequence/ack numbers.

Therefore, the servers need some way to exchange this information or to start in the middle.

On ace, we have 2 commands "failaction reassign" or "failaction purge".

The reassign is to simply move the connection to a backup server.

The purge is to kill the connection forcing the client to reopen a new one - this new connection will then be loadbalance to an active server.

Gilles.

Thanks for your answer Gilles ,

The think is that , even though is logical that a tcp reassign would need a new 3wayhandshake , i didnt thought of that.

I set the failacction purge and every think worked as planned.

Regards

Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: