SPA400 remote voicemail access

Unanswered Question
Jul 19th, 2010
User Badges:

Hi,

I have all of my inbound calls routed directly to extensions based on the inbound POTS line that the call is coming in on - I am not using the auto attendent.

My question is this: if I call in to my number from an outside line, I end up in my v-mail greeting. At that point is it possible to login to my mailbox to retreive messages?

Thanks,

Bill

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
nseto Wed, 07/21/2010 - 16:25
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

You can access your voicemail by modifying the AA dial plan.

For example, if you AA dial plan contained <:7:vmm3>, that means upon entering 7 during the listening of the AA, you would be connected to the line number 3 of the spa9000 which is configured to the spa400 (hence the vmm3), then you would hear it ask for ext number and pin number to access the voicemail.

It can be any of the four lines of the spa9000 connected to the spa400 voicemail, so the vmm could be vmm1, vmm2, vmm3 or vmm4.

williamkorb Wed, 10/06/2010 - 20:26
User Badges:

The problem is, I am not using the Auto Attendant. I have two POTS lines coming into my SPA400, configured as Line 2. In the Line 2 Subscriber Information->Contact List, I have the following value:

FXO_Port_ID_1:101,cfwd=vm1101|FXO_Port_ID_2:102,cfwd=vm1102

Thus, after no answer, an inbound call on either line rolls straight into the voicemail greeting for the extension in question. It is when I am listening to the voicemail box greeting that I want to be able to login, but it appears that once I get to the voicemail greeting, I cannot get back to the auto attendant or in any other way login to access my voicemail.

If I replace the cfwd value on the second line with "aa", then I do get the auto attendant and your trick works, but then the employee on extension 102 no longer gets voicemail on no answer.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Bill

Actions

This Discussion