Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA Config

scooter817
Level 2
Level 2

Hi

I've been tasked with removing user accounts from the asa 5520 by the Sr.Network Engineer but he told me that there is CL that i can use to decrypt the user account passwords in the config.Can anyone by chance tell me what is the command that he is speaking of, thanks in advance and have a great day.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

To remove local user account from the ASA, you don't really need to know the password.

Here is the command to remove user with username of "text" for example:

clear configure username test

Here is the URL for your reference:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa80/command/reference/c2.html#wp2353811

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

To remove local user account from the ASA, you don't really need to know the password.

Here is the command to remove user with username of "text" for example:

clear configure username test

Here is the URL for your reference:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa80/command/reference/c2.html#wp2353811

Hope that helps.

One more question

once i've deleted the user accounts off the ASA, i know that they will start to call back in complaining that they can't login.

Can you send me the link so that shows how to create an account on the ASA

It's telling me forbidden file or application when i click on the link

Step 1 To create the user account, enter the following  command:

hostname(config)# username name {nopassword | password password [mschap]} [privilege 
priv_level]

where the username keyword is a string from 4 to 64 characters  long.

The password password argument is a string from  3 to 16 characters long.

The mschap keyword specifies that the password is e  converted to unicode and hashed using MD4 after you enter it. Use this  keyword if users are authenticated using MSCHAPv1 or MSCHAPv2.

The privilege level argument sets the  privilege level from 0 to 15. The default is 2. This privilege level is  used with command authorization.

can you try this

anyways if its local username password its simple all you need is

username password

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: