cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to barge in (by pass ) Voice Greeting Message and go directly to the Ext.

George Amin
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer using the SPA9000 and the SPA400 voice mail server.  When an external call is received, they would like to have the caller bypass the greeting (prompt1) and go directly to the extension number. The problem is, the caller has to hear the entire message before the call is transferred.  The system is setup using ext 10,11,12,13,14,15,16, and 17.  If the caller enters a 1, the greeting starts over.  Here is my dial plan. Do I need to change the ext numbers to something like 20,21,22,23 etc...

<aa><form id="dir" type="menu"><audio src="prompt1" bargein="T"/><noinput timeout="10" repeat="T"/><nomatch repeat="F"><audio src="prompt3" bargein="T"/></nomatch><dialplan src="dp1"/><match><default><audio src="prompt2"/><xfer name="ext" target="$input"/></default></match></form></aa>
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

CTRLITINC
Level 1
Level 1

George,

Unfortunately, I you have stumbled across what I did several years ago. The AA Script is very tempermental!

What code looks legal is not and there are many bugs w/in the scripting engine. I would recommend you try and keep as close to what I have. I have this script running on a couple SPA9000 and works great, but the second I change the structure I have all sorts of problems:

You will have to try different ways to do the same thing if one way doesnt work. At the end of the day, keep it simple, but this works and sure you can keep it close. We also have custom sound files, recorded using the IVR.

XML IS CaSe SeNsItIvE.

HTH,

Steve Wofford

Call Ctrl Call Manager for

SPA900 - SPA500 IP Phones

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

CTRLITINC
Level 1
Level 1

George,

Unfortunately, I you have stumbled across what I did several years ago. The AA Script is very tempermental!

What code looks legal is not and there are many bugs w/in the scripting engine. I would recommend you try and keep as close to what I have. I have this script running on a couple SPA9000 and works great, but the second I change the structure I have all sorts of problems:

You will have to try different ways to do the same thing if one way doesnt work. At the end of the day, keep it simple, but this works and sure you can keep it close. We also have custom sound files, recorded using the IVR.

XML IS CaSe SeNsItIvE.

HTH,

Steve Wofford

Call Ctrl Call Manager for

SPA900 - SPA500 IP Phones

Thanks,,,  your suggestion worked.  I spent hours trying to figure this out.  The only thing I have left now is to get prompt 2 to work which says Your call has been forwarded.”

Glad to hear this.

Recording the AA Prompts is very easy. I typically remove prompt 2. This is not even used in most AA anyhow. Why does the caller not already assume their call has been forwarded, they should only be prompted if there was an error. Should be easier to implement in your environment.

Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: