cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless WiSM Config Question

jfraasch
Level 3
Level 3

I am starting to build a wireless solution in transportation.  I have two 6500s with WiSM.  I have maybe 100 vehicles that I will have connected via a AP in WGB mode back to stationary AP in LAP mode (LWAPP tunnels to the 6500s).

I'd like to assign a /28 (16 host network per vehicle) and have the default gateway be on the 6500 WiSM.

So bascially:

Car 1:

Subnet 10.0.0.0/28

Wired Client 1= 10.0.0.1

Wired Client 2= 10.0.0.2

Default gateway= 10.0.0.14 (on WiSM)

Car 2

Subnet 10.0.0.16/28

Wired Client 1= 10.0.0.17

Wired Client 2= 10.0.0.18

Default gateway= 10.0.0.30

The reason for this is I expect about 100 vehicles, each with about 5-7 devices that will need to get on the network. I'd like to break up the broadcast domain.  Since I have no layer 3 device on the vehicle, this made the most sense.

I need to keep the same SSID for all vehicles.

Also, a good example of a current configuration would be good or even a link to a solution on the Cisco website with this solution would be fine. I have searched all over and don't see this exact sort of solution.

Thoughts?

James

3 Replies 3

dancampb
Level 7
Level 7

You could do this with ap-groups where you can override the default interface assigned to the WLAN.  Keep in mind that the default gateway would not be on the WiSM, it would be on the sup720.

Cool. Thanks for the heads up. I will research the AP groups as you said.

James

Hi,

Please mark the Question as Answered if the provided information is correct and issue is fixed.

thanks,
Vinay

Thanks & Regards
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card