Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QOS MQC Issue

I am deploying QOS using MQC approach.

1st site look fines and working, I've applied my policy on Router physical interface (facing MPLS clould) and "qos pre-classify"command on Router tunnel interface & crypto map. Physical interface queuing method change from "fifo" to CBWFQ which is correct.

2nd, 3rd & 4th Site, same QOS setup, same QOS approach, unfortunately the queuing method is still the same "fifo" when I do "show  interface f0/0/0". The only difference between site 1 & site 2-4 is the Router model and IOS version.

1st Site: 2851 Router (IOS Version 12.24+)

2nd-4th Site: 3725 Router (IOS Version 12.4)

Aditional Info:

1. WAN (MPLS L3 VPN)

2. WAN Setup: Using IPSec transport mode with encrypted GRE tunnel

Having mention the above, may I ask your comment on this.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,

Arnold

3 Replies 3

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

MQC applied to a tunnel interface won't change the queueing on the physical interface.

You may want to check for commands like fair-queue under the physical interface for queueing mechanism - this enables WFQ

Regards,

Edison.

Hi Edison,

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it.

My setup is like this.

Physical Interface (F0/0/0 Facing MPLS Cloud) = service-policy output WAN.Edge

Tunnel Interface (Tunnel 1) = qos pre-classify

crypto map test 10 ipsec-isakmp = qos pre-classify

I'm bit confused its because Site 1 Physical interface queueing has change while Site 2 to Site 4 did not.

Regards,

Arnold

Purely cosmetic since you have different hardware. The service-policy will dictate how the packets will be queued, not the physical interface queueing status.

Can you copy and paste the physical interface config from all routers?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco