Views
Helpful
Replies

Using UCCX script to transfer to voicemail

latintrpt
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys,

Can someone help me with a custom stepe by step script that when dialing a CTI route point, it will ask the user to enter an extension and it will send it stright to their appropriate voicemail without ringing?

Thank You

22 Replies 22

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Use the call redirect step, destination your VM pilot number, and reset the called number to the VM box extension.

I'm still a little confused about this, sorry I'm pretty new at this.

Would I still need to create a CTI port on my call manager?

I get what you are saying on the first two steps, but not too sure about this part: reset the called number to the VM box extension

Hi,

Another way is to send the ipcc call with a call redirect to a route point that forward all the calls to the voice mail. Then in Unity you can set a call routing rule that send the calls, that are forwarded from that station (the route point), to "live record", there the unity will ask for an extension and after that you will be able to record the voice mail. Try that one to see if works for you.

Gabriel

Hello Gabriel,

This is exactly what I'm looking for but can't seem to get this to work.

First I'm creating a route point on UCCX.  I am for instance creating route point: 22221 to point to my Voice Mail Pilot Number of 33633.  I am forwarding all to VMP 33633.  Next I'm creating the script.  I added a call redirect: Destination: "22221".  I'm not sure what to do about called address though.  I'm attaching a screenshot of how my script looks, not sure if this is correct.

I understand what to do on Unity though.

That should work!

Are you able to dial 22221 or 33633 using an IP Phone (from your CallManager)?

I am able to dial 22221 and get to my Unity Pilot number (33633) but it just plays the normal greeting.  I've setup a forward routing rule in Unity to play the "Start Live Record" and Edit Forwarding Station is equal to: 22221 but still nothing.

I'm really thinking I'm missing something in the script.

Hi,

Ok lets check what you have done this far.

UCCX trigger.

Route Point forwarding all calls to voice mail (voicemail checkbox)

Unity call routing rule>the forwarded calls option, where the forwarding station is the route point and you send to live record.

The script should be like this:

Start

Accept

Call Redirect (route point)

End

Tell me if the route point has the CallForwardAll to the voicemail by checking the voice mail checkbox or you are entering the voice mail pilot in the field.

If you have the checkbox then you should configure the way I said before, if you write the voice mail pilot in the CallForwardAll field then you should create the call routing rule as a direct call ( I think that is your problem)

Gabriel.

Please don't forget to rate helpful posts.

So I guess the problem I'm having is that should I be creating the Route Point on the call manager or on UCCX?

I did add the "accept" to the script.

You need two route points...both in callmanager..one is the trigger that you create from the UCCX right?..the one that you dial to trigger your script. The other one is a route point that you have to create in the callmanager, this route point is the one the one that has the voicemail checkbox checked in the DN. So your script should make a call redirect to this second route point.

Trigger--->Script--->Callredirect to second route point---->voicemail---->call forwarded call routing rule---->live record.

Gabriel

latintrpt
Level 1
Level 1

Ah ok that makes sense.

So I got that all setup and when I dial my trigger it does go to the "live record".  The only problem is that it just starts beeping and doesn't ask me to enter an exension, So how am I suppose to send the message to a mailbox?

Secondly in the script, what should I do for the "Called Address"?.  For "Destination" I have it set to: the route point.

Thanks

Ok, try instead of live record with sending the call to call handler and choose Opening Greeting.

Ok, I set it to that it goes to call handler --> opening greeting.

Ok I guess I'm getting off track here.  I'll let you know what exactly I'm looking for.

We have a Cisco Call Manager and Cisco Unity Voicemail System.

We also have an Avaya system and Octel Voicemail System.

We use QSIG, using two tie lines between the Voice router and the Definity G3.  So we can call between phones on both systems.

From a Cisco Phone in order to transfer a user directly to Cisco Unity, all I have to do is press *XXXXX and it will transfer directly to that person's voicemail box.  Also from a Cisco Phone in order to transfer a user directly to Octel Voicemail system, all I have to do is press #XXXXX and it will transfer directly to that person's voicemail box.

What I'm trying to get at is that From an Avaya phone I want to be able to transfer person 1 directly to person's 2 VM box on the Cisco System.

So I'm looking to set up a DN on Cisco so that whenever someone dials that DN, it will ask what extension to transfer to.

Does that make sense?

Thanks

Hi,

You said this:

"From a Cisco Phone in order to transfer a user directly to Cisco Unity, all I have to do is press *XXXXX and it will transfer directly to that person's voicemail box."

How do you accomplish this?

Is that a pattern in the callmanager? If this is it, why dont you ask in your script to the avaya user to dial the extension with a Get Digit String step, and after that with a "set" step add the * to the variable that contains the digits collected by the Get Digit String Step. After that you should have a string variable that contains *XXXX and make a call redirect of that variable.

Gabriel.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: