Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SRP 526W and Huawei USB UMTS Stick

augustoteruel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Cisco SRP 526W Router and I wanted to set up UMTS Backup. Unfortunatelly my Voice-Internet provider only have a USB-UMTS Stick model which is not supported by Cisco SRP500, Huawei K3765. I know it´s compatible with many old Huawei USB-Sticks versions. Anyone knows if there is or there will be the possibility to upgrade this router with a new firmware that allows to use my Huawei K3765?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Augusto.

11 Replies 11

Andrew Hickman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Augusto,

I'll add that card to our roadmap and see what we can do about getting it supported.

Could you please let me know which service provider you use?

Many thanks

Andy

Hi Andy,

My provider is Vodafone in Germany. They had old Huawei and Novatel UMTS-Sticks compatible but now I think they only provide this one (Huawei K3765).

I would appreciate so much if you reply my message as soon as you find a solution for this Huawei model.

Thanks a lot.

Augusto

Hi,

Andy is there any updated 3G modem compatibility list?

At this moment,  cell phone service providers in Poland haven't got even one of mentioned modems in their offer. Most of them were removed beacuse these are old models.

Due to this fact it's almost impossible to sell this product, beacuse customer will not have possibility to buy

compatible modem.

If you are planning to update list of compatible modems please take in care that MF 636 which is on the list doesn;t want to work with that device. We have opened case with SBCS and it's 3rd or 4th month and still don't have a solution.

Best Regards,

Lukasz

The list of compatible 3G modems:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10500/prod_technical_reference_list.html

I do not know if we have an updated list ... as I understand it, we have a release coming very soon.

HTH,

Andrew Lissitz

Hi Sorry for the delay,

We should have a fix for the ZTE MF636 in the next maintenance release.  We don't have support for the K3765 yet, but the K3565 will be supported in the next release.

Regards,

Andy

Hello.
Why in all the SRP manual Cisco is indicating the Huawei E372 as supported USB stick where the dongle is not working in reality?

Hello.
Why in all the SRP manual Cisco is indicating the Huawei E372 as supported USB stick where the dongle is not working in reality?

Hi,

Thank you for information.

Unfortunately, modems that are on this list aren't available anymore in polish mobile telephony providers.

Please post updated list on this post, when it will be available.

Best Regards,

Lukasz

We bought a 521W today and shocked to find out that NONE of the supported 3G USBs are avaialable in the market any more in Ireland... yet the product is sold in Ireland...... I spent half a day to figure this out now have to pay and spend more time to send it back...... Come on Cisco this is not on...

Same story here - none of the sticks are sold in Estonia.

However, the following models are in plenty of supply:

• Huawei E1820/E182E
  • Huawei E173
  • Huawei E1752

We were planning to buy up to 30 of SRP 521 units to cheaply connect remote sites (most literally in the woods), but short 3G support list is a show-stopper. By the release dates it seems, that the list hasn't been updated for a year.

Cisco - fix this or we'll be forced to choose some competitor with better support (DrayT...). What's the point of a feature if you can't use it...

I contacted Cisco by phone, it is confirmed that this product is in sale in Ireland and someone from the local Cisco sales team here in Ireland was to contact me within 2 business days... that was about 3 weeks ago and no one contacted me.....

Since then we returned this unit, got a bunch of them from an other provider with great support, response and reliability....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: