Views
Helpful
Replies

Callmanager, Unity Issue with Voice Mail

Agor85
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys,

I am currently facing an issue with a Callmanager <-> Unity integration.

The situation is the following one:

All user own a voice mail box.  User A forwarded its phone to his voice mailbox.  User B forwarded its phone to User A.

If now User C calls User B, he gets forwarded to User A , of course. But if user A does not take the call, User C hears the voice mailbox from User B.

I would like to have for a special situation that User C hears the voice mailbox of User A.

Is this possible?

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Can you please let us know what version of Unity (or Unity Connection) you

are working with here, as well as whether or not this "special situation" is

a one-time only deal. This "Forwarding" behaviour can be changed on a system

wide basis but that might not be what you want

Cheers!

Rob

Hey Rob,

we use Unity Connection 7.1.2 .

No actually I need it for certain users who sometimes forward their phones to a helpdesk (has a anouncement queue, created with unity) .

If there is no way, however I would interested in the system wide solution for later usage.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

You can have a look into this setting which is available in Unity Connection 7.x ;

Via

Cisco Unity Connection Administration

Advanced (towards the bottom of the page)

Conversation Configuration

**Use Last (Rather than First) Redirecting Number for Routing Incoming Call**

You would need to think about what impact this might have on your setup, but it does allow

for users to Forward to their personal VM at times and the Helpdesk mesage when necessary

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hey Rob,

thanks :-) , I will provide a feedback as soon as it is in operation eventually.

lg

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: