Views
Helpful
Replies

Reading netflow packets

Rafael Mendes
Level 2
Level 2

Hello Everyone ,

I'm configuring my Cisco 4500 for exporting the netflow packets for view traffic detail for protocol and ip adress.

I'm see via Wireshark, the packets are send to my computer in the port 9996 and version 5. I'm using ntop for recieve this packets, but, it is not possible, the fotware says "no packets for listening".

Can anyone tell  me some software to make reading of netflow packets? Preferably, it is freeware, I'm in the process of  approval of the operation.

Tks a lot.

Rafael Mendes

2 Replies 2

jakewilson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

If you just want to see if the packets are coming in, use Flowalyzer.  It is a lightweight no analysis collector and is just for troubleshooting.  Make sure the NetFlow collector isn't listening on the same ports else, Flowalyzer will prompt you to remove the listening port.

If serious analysis of NetFlow, please consider Scrutinizer. The free version has lots of reports, but drops the data @ 3AM ET everyday.

Jake

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card