Views
Helpful
Replies

HSRP on LAN

marellisergio
Level 1
Level 1

hallo i have a cisco 1700 and i have replace it with two 2800 with two LAN

i intend connect the first lan of cisco 2800-A to my network (172.20.1.x) and the second lan to another network-ALFA (10.10.10.x)

idem for second cisco 2800-B to my network and second lan to network-ALFA

my question is : i can use hsrp on both lan ??

i need configuring nat and routing from my network and network-ALFA

thank you

5 Replies 5

rahurao
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Sergio,

HSRP would not work in the given scenario.

As per the requirement you should work with GLBP

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2t/12_2t15/feature/guide/ft_glbp.html#wp1027177

HTH

RAHUL

hi rahul

my problem is to connect my network to network-ALFA without to use a firewall appliance (for the high price of buyng)

currently i use one cisco 1700 with eth0 and eth1 fot to nating and routing with access-list for blocking protocols

i need to have high reliabity to connect my network (from two switch 3com) to network-ALFA (on two Catalyst switch placed in front two firewall Nokia)

what you advis me ?? which product ??

my network ----3com-a-------------------2800-a----------------Catalisty-a-------------Nokia-a

HSRP                 HSRP

my network ----3com-b-------------------2800-b----------------Catalisty-b-------------Nokia-b

thank you

Hi Sergio,

You said you have the 1700 series router but the topology which you have given me doesn't include them.

I am not sure if you wanted to ask what swith model you should be able to go for ?

ok excuse me for my english

now i have a cisco 1700 but i have intention to change it with two firewall (or router) for have high reliability

what i can replace it with ??

Hi Sergio,

You can replace the 1700 Series router with any of the 2800 router.

They are capable of doing GLBP and that is what we need instead of HSRP but they will be able to support HSRP as well when you need.

HTH

RAHUL

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card