cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I want to terminate a 100Gb fiber circuit and break it down to 10 x 10Gb fiber circuits? Can we do it with a Cisco solution?

cdetirado
Level 1
Level 1

What is the technology called Mux

2 Replies 2

Tom Randstrom
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What is the 100Gb fiber circuit composed of or where/what are you receiving it from?

MUX refers to a multiplexer.  There are a number of different technologies that use the MUX terminology.  There are optical multiplexers that take multiple wavelengths of light a combine them onto a single fiber.  There are also SONET/SDH/OTN multiplexers that take lower rate signals and combine them into higher rate signals. 

Let us know the application and we might be able to recommend a solution.

Thanx!

viyuan700
Level 5
Level 5

Cisco have 100G card on CRS 3 you can connect it to other 100G 5-10 miles away but i think they dont have 100G card yet for Optical Mux/Demux/Crossconnect (i.e 15454).

Most probabaly you have to buy from somebody else read about Infinera that they were carrying 100G over 10 10G (but tose were all experiments) and few other vendors who have 100G product. You can google who can supply you that kind of product I saw some more vendots at OFC but don't have those names in my head right now. These producst are in early stages so have to check who can supply.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: