UCCX 7.0 - Set Enterprise Call Info not working

Answered Question
Jul 20th, 2010

I had inherited a set up of IPCC 3.5.2 which was passing reference numbers to the agent desktop program which the users had typed into a collect digit prompt section and stored in a variable (in this case v_referenceNumber).  I want to take that information and pass it on into the CAD (Cisco Agent Desktop).  We are using UCCX 7.0.1(SR5).

The script we were using previously was upgraded upon opening it in the editor as expected but instead of a simple set enterprise data section like was in the script previously I now have an "IF" statement for each one of those sections of the script where the set enterprise call info is.  I have been looking through the three scripting guides and found the Enterprise Expanded Call Context (ECC) section where I think I need to be but I am not sure what I am doing wrong.  Personally I would like to Scrap the IF statements entirely and just move the Set Enterprise Call Info steps up under the Selected tree and delete the IF statements entirely, which is what I am playing with now.

Anybody know what I might be doing wrong?  For example, I am not sure in the set enterprise call info section under Expanded Call Variables, when I click on add or modify an existing, my value is v_referenceNumber and the name is user.reference I had defined previously, BUT, under Array Index and Token, do I need to specify anything?  Specifically with Token, am I supposed to put in the Field index number for the variable as defined in the Side A section of the Desktop Administrator Field List?  Why they would move this from a simple application to the web tool they have is boggling, it seems to lock me out when I am the only one logged in if I am not careful.  Pet peeve though.

Anyway, any guidance is appreciated, 3.5 was simple to put it mildly, and things just worked.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Jonathan Schulenberg about 6 years 4 months ago

You may want to read through this reply which explains how to configure ECC: https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/1047577#1047577

It is convoluted primarily because ECC was originally built for ICM. You do not need to specify the layout if you are using the default. Let me know if you're still lost after reading that reply.

Overall Rating: 5 (5 ratings)
Dennis Aston Tue, 07/20/2010 - 08:53

THanks for the link Gabriel, that helps a bit.  Question to you or anybody else who views this:  Under the Set Enterprise Call Info step in my converted script, the value is correct under Expanded Call Variables, but the names column shows user.layout for every one of the imported Set Enterprise Call Info steps.  Do I need to change this to the specific variable (ie --user.reference-- in the drop down menu) that I set up earlier for this script in the Expanded Call Variables global section?

Also, if my layout is the default layout in the Web DA, how would I specify that in the script?

Dennis Aston Tue, 07/20/2010 - 14:00

But each one of the Enterprise Call Info steps is named user.layout, or you just need the user.layout once and the value would tie to the UCCX backend value of default or whatever your layout list was called?  So, to recap:

1) Don't use the default layout due to potential upgrade changes down the road from Cisco.

2) If you are just using UCCX like I am, I can skip creating Enterprise variables in the editor's settings menu.

3) On the Set Enterprise Call Info > Expanded Call Variables Section, the names column is case sensitive and should be contained in quotes, and the value will be my variable I am transferring.

4) I can set multiple variables in one step right?  This would be more efficient than multiple set steps or are there other factors in using one vs 4?

@Jonathan:  You mentioned in your article that the Values column should be quoted as well but if I hit my dropdown and choose v_CallType (one of my variables obviously), its not quoted.  Will this cause the script to fail?  Should I go back and quote it?

Sorry to beat this topic but I have a limited testing period each day and if I don't get it close or right on the money it will be forced to wait more to get another shot at it.  I guess that brings up the need for a testing queue then...  Next time around.

Jonathan Schulenberg Wed, 07/21/2010 - 05:07
  1. Correct
  2. Correct but you still need to create the variable within Cisco Desktop Administrator.
  3. Correct
  4. Yes you can set multiple variables with one step.

I stated it should be quoted as well if you are assigning a literal value instead of a variable. You do not need to quote the value field if you are assigning a variable.

Dennis Aston Wed, 07/21/2010 - 05:21

Jonathan, Gabriel:  Thanks for your help so far, I have gotten a lot further than previously.  Will let you know how testing goes.  Thanks again.

Dennis Aston Thu, 07/22/2010 - 05:53

It works now and is passing the data through to the CAD.  Thanks for your help!

Gabriel Saavedra Tue, 07/20/2010 - 11:17

Ok.

In the CRS Editor go to Settings>Expanded Call Variables.

There, create a variable:   name: user.layout

type: scalar

Description: anything you want.

After that you need to create a normal variable type string with the value "default" (this is the default layout of the Desktop Administrator)

In the desktop Administrator you need to choose which callvariables you want to show to that default layout.

Create a String variable to map the value to the call variable.

In the script use the set enterprise call info step this way:

In the General tab:

Values: the String variable with the value you want to show in CAD

Names: Call.PeripheralVariableX (X= call variable number from Desktop Administrator)

In the Expanded Call Variables tab:

Values: String variable with the value "default"

Names: user.layout

Array Indexes: Scalar

Tokens: All

Gabriel

Edit: Or you can follow Jonathan's great post 5 points

Actions

This Discussion