Replies

CUE Downloads incompatible CUE UC560

mattkjohnson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Can someone give me a reason why at the download site below:

https://upload.cisco.com/cgi-bin/swc/fileexg/main.cgi?CONTYPES=UC500

The  UC560 Software Pack is version 8.0.2  (which contains the 7.1.3 CUE) however, the CUE localisation prt1 files below it are versioned as 8.0.2

ie,

cue-vm-en_GB-langpack.uc560.8.0.2.prt1

This is causing a massive issue as when I try to install CUE to 'localize' the system, the upgrade prodecudre looks for a 7.1.3 PRT file to go with the 7.1.3 CUE install. (and cue-vm-en_GB-langpack.uc560.7.1.3.prt1 is now nowhere to be found on the download site).

I can see the upgrade procedure making requests to my FTP server for the non existant cue-vm-en_GB-langpack.uc560.7.1.3.prt1file just before the update failed with 'package not found'. I thaught this may just be a file naming issue and the download site files had been given the wrong name, so I renamed the cue-vm-en_GB-langpack.uc560.8.0.2.prt1 file to cue-vm-en_GB-langpack.uc560.7.1.3.prt1 and tried again.

This time a checksum error, so the files are clearly different.

Finally I tried setting off an upgrade using the cue-vm-langpack.uc560.8.0.2.pkg file on the download site instead of the 7.1.3 PKG inside the UC560 Software Pack.

ie, software install clean url ftp://192.168.2.22/cue-vm-langpack.uc560.8.0.2.pkg

instead of, software install clean url ftp://192.158.2.22/cue-main.uc560.7.1.3.pkg

However, this told me that it would have to remove all the 7.1.3 components (fair enough) and then failed as I do not HAVE any replacement 8.0.2 pkg's

Ie, I dont have cue-main.uc560.8.0.2.pkg, neither can I find it anywhere (don't think CUE8.0.2 exists :S)

Can someone please explain to me what is going on here. This should have been a 10 min procedure to flash and localize a CUE which is now turning into a massive headache as I am onsite at a clients. It seems everytime I have an issue with a UC system it is ALWAYS down to bad availability of firmware/software files.

Thanks,

Matt

1 Reply 1

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Saw your note.  There is a new CUE 8.0.2 coming in UC5xx SWP 8.0.3 in a couple weeks.

I wonder if the availability of that CUE caused the update to the site, prior to the bundle being completed tesing with UC500.

I am asking the folks who care for this internally (forwarded them this post).

Stay tuned.

Steve