Not able to set VSS switch as root for N-hop in CM5.2

Unanswered Question
Jul 20th, 2010

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

Hi,

I am currently trying to add an n-hop portlet with campus manager 5.2. The root device should be a virtual switch (VSS) but I got the message:

Unable to load N-Hop View.
Probable cause :
No neighbors found for the specified device

If I use another hop as root I got all devices but not the directly attached VSS switch displayed (hop count 3).

In the topology service all devices are listed.

Anyone got that working?

Thanks ,

Marcus

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Joe Clarke Tue, 07/20/2010 - 10:28

No, this won't work.  The VSS device is not managed like other devices.  It actually isn't persisted to the ANI database like other switches.  Therefore, N-Hop won't be able to see this device when it tries to find its related topology.  I have not yet figured out why the VSS is managed differently than standalone 6500s.

Joe Clarke Fri, 07/23/2010 - 10:58

Development was unable to reproduce locally, so I encourage you to open a service request for this.  Have your engineer contact me, and I can help them work with development to try and track down the root cause of this problem.

Actions

This Discussion