Views
Helpful
Replies

CME + CUE+GATEWAY+Routing in same Router

Nirmal Paria
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

My customer has requested to implement CME+CUE+GATEWAY+Routing in same Cisco Router. First time I have been requested to implement like this scenario. In best practice, I supposed to design CME+CUE+GATEWAY in one ISR and other Cisco Router as edge routing which will take care routing.

Can I implement CME, CUE, Gateway & Routing (as edge router) in same Cisco Router. If yes, will Cisco tech will support the same.

Thanks & regards,

Nirmal

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Adrian Saavedra
Level 7
Level 7

Hello,

Sometimes the recommendation is to use one router for Voice and other for IP routing tasks, but you can perfectly do all that in one box. There's no problem with Cisco support. I work with installations with this type of solution and its performance is excellent.

Hope it helps, please rate.

Kind regards,

- Adrian.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Adrian Saavedra
Level 7
Level 7

Hello,

Sometimes the recommendation is to use one router for Voice and other for IP routing tasks, but you can perfectly do all that in one box. There's no problem with Cisco support. I work with installations with this type of solution and its performance is excellent.

Hope it helps, please rate.

Kind regards,

- Adrian.

Thanks for your very quick response.. Adrian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: