cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error on 6500

derek.leonard
Level 1
Level 1

Recieved this error on my 6500 when someone tried to plug in a pc.  Could anyone give me some insight into this?  Thanks in advance.

PM_SCP-SP-2-LCP_FW_ERR_INFORM: Module 6 is experiencing the following error: Transient port ASIC (VISHAKHA) packet buffer parity error detected on ports  14

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Derek,

Ok, I would still open a TAC case and RMA it if you have Smartnet contract.

HTH

Reza

View solution in original post

rahurao
Level 1
Level 1

Reading the notes I understand that you are receving %PM_SCP-SP-2-LCP_FW_ERR_INFORM:

This issue is due to a mis-seated linecard or a hardware failure. The error message occurs when linecards are not seated well. If the error  message is seen on all of the linecards, the issue is a mis-seated module.

This problem can be solved if the linecard or the module is re-seated. This problem usually resolves itself after a hard reset of the module.  If the error message persists after a re-seat or after the module is reset, the  problem is likely a hardware failure. In order to run a complete  diagnostic test on themodule and check for any hardware issues, complete these steps:

1. Issue the diagnostic level complete command in the global  configuration mode to set the diagnostics level to complete.
    2. Issue the hw-module reset command to soft-reset the module. After  the module is up again, capture the output of the show module command  and the show diagnostic module all command.
    3. Physically pull out and reseat the module firmly in the chassis  to hard-reset the module. After the module is up again, capture the  output of the show module command and the show diagnostic module all  command.

Please let me know if you have any questions

HTH

RAHUL

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Derek,

It this a POE card? if yes it could be a bad POE daughterboard.

HTH

Reza

Reza,

Yes, this is POE card (WS-X6148A-GE-45AF) but I have no POE devices plugged into this card and the device that was attempting to be added was a standard PC?

Derek,

Ok, I would still open a TAC case and RMA it if you have Smartnet contract.

HTH

Reza

rahurao
Level 1
Level 1

Reading the notes I understand that you are receving %PM_SCP-SP-2-LCP_FW_ERR_INFORM:

This issue is due to a mis-seated linecard or a hardware failure. The error message occurs when linecards are not seated well. If the error  message is seen on all of the linecards, the issue is a mis-seated module.

This problem can be solved if the linecard or the module is re-seated. This problem usually resolves itself after a hard reset of the module.  If the error message persists after a re-seat or after the module is reset, the  problem is likely a hardware failure. In order to run a complete  diagnostic test on themodule and check for any hardware issues, complete these steps:

1. Issue the diagnostic level complete command in the global  configuration mode to set the diagnostics level to complete.
    2. Issue the hw-module reset command to soft-reset the module. After  the module is up again, capture the output of the show module command  and the show diagnostic module all command.
    3. Physically pull out and reseat the module firmly in the chassis  to hard-reset the module. After the module is up again, capture the  output of the show module command and the show diagnostic module all  command.

Please let me know if you have any questions

HTH

RAHUL

Thanks Reza and Rahul.  Will open a TAC incase it is a hardware issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card