Views
Helpful
Replies

UC540 Receive Faxes on FXO and send via Email to User

kmmehlkmmehl
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

Is there a simple explaination in how to set that Scenaria up?

I am a bit lost.. i know that CCA doesnt support it yet... can anyone guide me please?

i got 8.0.2 Software Pack.

Thanks!

6 Replies 6

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi There,

Please see attached txt file, however there are a couple of things you need to keep in mind:

1. When implimenting this code your system will require a reload/reboot to apply the configuration fully
  2. This will not conform to OOB guide lines and as such may be subject to CCA scrutiny when using CCA to manage the system
  3. This is CLI based and you should understand basic Cisco CLI configuration
  4. This sample has been tested and working on a few systems, however there are times where the guide requires modification to work with a particular system, you should try to understand what these modifications where possible to avoid any negative effects to the system
  5. Lastly, PLEASE backup your original configuration before even attempting to load this up on the system, even more so if you are going to implement this on a production system, whilst I have vetted it many times, I can assure you that without a backup you can be sure something will go wrong and you will find yourself in an unhappy place.

Good luck and i hope you get it working an are able to achieve what you want.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

thanks for your help!

this is for analogue ports because i saw some pri in the config?

also i do not need the script that i saw flowing around ... app_faxmail_onramp?

Thanks!

Hi There,

this is for analogue ports because i saw some pri in the config?

Ooops I forgot to modify this, but the same principle applies, there is another way to do it but I decided to use this one as I know it works and have used it before.

also i do not need the script that i saw flowing around ... app_faxmail_onramp?

Indeed you do... I actually can not remember where you get this from, I would assume that this would be in one of the software packs, you might want to look in there for it, which should be the latest one (3.x version).

Sorry I did not modify the configuration for you, i have been very busy working on some other projects and wont have time on my hands at present to re-write that part for you.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

hey david!

maybe its possible you guide me in how to modify this? i am a bit lost

:-( :-(

ok i figured it out

thanks all for the help!

You can download the TCL script here:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/tclware

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: