BGP update

Unanswered Question
Jul 20th, 2010
User Badges:

Hi

I have BGP /EIGRP failover for mutihome configured. I was expecting when the main link down the backup link will up immediately.

can I put some ACL  on EIGRP to let the routers know only the special ip can update the route, not every equipments.

can any one give me a tip about this,

Any comments will be apprecaited

Thanks in advance

julxu

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Giuseppe Larosa Wed, 07/21/2010 - 12:27
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

Hello Julxu,

you haven't provided enough details to understand what you are seeing

Describe the topology and provide configuration of BGP and EIGRP processes on the two routers

>>  I was expecting when the main link down the backup link will up immediately.

With EIGRP you could use dialer watch as a way to trigger a DDR call on an backup link but it is not clear what type of backup link you have.

see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/dial/configuration/guide/dia_backup_dia_watch_ps6441_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html

this is useful if the backup link is on a different router then the primary link. With dialer watch you can monitor the presence in the IP routing table or one or more monitored (watched prefixes) and to use this to trigger the backup DDR call.

>> can I put some ACL  on EIGRP to let the routers know only the special ip can update the route, not every equipments

This is a different matter something can be done but without knowing your scenario it is difficult to say anything useful.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Actions

This Discussion