Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS 8.0 Proxy Domain name change

Amit Singh2000
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys

I have installed Cisco presence 8.0.x server on Vmware. After the installation i have to change the SIP proxy domain. in version 7.0 i did it in service parameter sip proxy settings...

Its seems like things have changed big time in 8.0.. Now i have tried everything to change the SIP proxy Domain id from PROXY.DOMAIN.NOT.SET  to x.x.x.com.. I have disabled all the services .. i go to service parameter and also system > cluster topology and > settings. cannot change the name .. it keep saying that   """ Cisco UP Presence Engine and Cisco UP XCP Router services must be stopped on all nodes in the cluster before the Domain Name can be modified """"

i followed the deployment guide and followed the steps from there. But no luck...

Can anyone point my mistake or waht else do i need to change the domain name..

Thanks in advance

Regards

11 Replies 11

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

I was able to change it from System > Cluster Topology > Settings after stopping the referenced services.  I'm running CUPS 8.0.2.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

You will also need to stop the Cisco UP SIP Proxy service under Tools -> Control Center - Feature Services in addition to the two services referenced.

Amit Singh2000
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Guys

thanks for your replies. Well i tried everything . but never gave up..Finally i restarted the server. Services were all disbaled... From network center disabled everything as per  document and then tried and now i am able to change the proxy domain name..

Well the surprising thing is that all the services were disbaled even before the restart.

but anyways ..Thanks a lot guys...

I'm having the same problem, but mine won't stop. All services are stopped, I've rebooted the server and I still can't make any changes.

this is very buggy...and wont allow you to change easily...i had same issue...keep doing something diffrent

..bouncing services or maybe restart servers...it works for sure

Hey all did anyone here ever figure this out? I am having the same issue

I figured out my issue. I ended up doing these steps

1.via CLI entered a Domain Name- set network domain xxxx.com

2. regenereated any certificate that had the option to Regenerate under - OS Administration- Certificate management

3. Restarted cisco Tomcat

4. Stopped the following : Cisco Presence Engine, Cisco UP XCP router, Cisco UP Sip Proxy

5. Went to the Admin page. System- Cluster Topology, settings and was able to change it

6. Restart all services.

kenta_watai
Level 1
Level 1

Had the same problem. You have to connect to the CLI and run utils service list and confirm they are all down. If you have multiple presence servers, you need to check on each one. Just because the Webbased GUI tells you all the services are down, it wasn't the case for me. Had to shutdown Cisco UP XCP Router on both servers before it would let me change it, even if all the services were deactivated and not running.

To shut the service down,

utils service stop Cisco UP XCP Router

This is on

8.5.2.10000-49

Cool Kenta..yup that makes sense! I am glad you got it working. Let me know if you have any other questions.

AntonioDom
Level 1
Level 1

services must be stopped on all nodes in the cluster before the Domain Name can be modified.

you must first stop the

SIP Proxy

Cisco UP Presence Engine

Cisco UP XCP Router services on all nodes in the cluster.

Cisco UP Presence Engine

Cisco UP Proxy

Cisco UP XCP Router

In: Cisco unified Serviceability > Tools > Control Centre - Network Services:

CUP Services

Service Name     Status     Start Time     Up Time

Cisco UP Config Agent     Not Running        

Cisco UP OAM Agent     Not Running        

Cisco UP Client Profile Agent     Not Running        

Cisco UP Presence Engine Database     Not Running        

Cisco UP Intercluster Sync Agent     Not Running        

Cisco UP XCP Config Manager     Not Running        

Cisco UP XCP Router     Not Running        

Cisco UP Server Recovery Manager     Not Running        

Cisco UP Replication Watcher     Not Running

In: Cisco unified Serviceability > Tools > Control Centre - Feature Services:

Cisco UP SIP Proxy     Not Running     Deactivated        

Cisco UP Presence Engine     Not Running     Deactivated        

Cisco UP Sync Agent     Not Running     Deactivated        

Cisco UP XCP Text Conference Manager     Not Running     Deactivated        

Cisco UP XCP Web Connection Manager     Not Running     Deactivated        

Cisco UP XCP Connection Manager     Not Running     Deactivated        

Cisco UP XCP SIP Federation Connection Manager     Not Running     Deactivated        

Cisco UP XCP XMPP Federation Connection Manager     Not Running     Deactivated        

Cisco UP XCP Message Archiver     Not Running     Deactivated        

Cisco UP XCP Directory Service     Not Running     Deactivated        

Cisco UP XCP Authentication Service     Not Running     Deactivated

then change FQDN to your email address FQDN:

System > Cluster Topology > Settings > Domain Name:

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: