cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCM 7.1 Phone Cluster Move

anthonymd
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to take phones from one of our clusters and move them to another? I have a 7.1 cluster in Manchester, a 6.1 cluster in Sydney, and a 7.1 cluster in the US. I would like to take some extra phones from the US and send them to both sites. Is this possible with the way licensing works with these versions of CM? Thanks.

4 Replies 4

Adrian Saavedra
Level 7
Level 7

Hello,

No problem. You can take phones from US and register them in Manchester and Sydney, as long as these clusters have available DLUs (device license units).

Hope it helps, please rate if it does.

Kind regards,

- Adrian.

Thank you for the quick response Adrian. I guess what I was asking if there is a way to move the licenses with the phones. We don't have

any "spare" licenses at either site. I guess I can just have them buy licenses for these types of phones

then just not have to purchase licenses if I buy more for the US.

Hello,

Sorry for misunderstood. I think it's possible to move licenses between your clusters. You might contact Global Licensing Operations (GLO) team at   licensing@cisco.com to work on your requirements.

Kind regards,

- Adrian.

You would need to get in touch with the licensing team.

There is no easy way to take the DLUs with the phone.

They would need to substract those DLUs from your current pool and then create a new lic file with the MAC from the licensing server of the other cluster for the necessary DLUs for the phone(s).

The only other option would be as you mention, buy more DLUs.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: