Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP4410N as repeater problem

monjimenez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I would like to ask for assistance on how to configure one unit WAP4410N access point to work as repeater to one unit WRT120N wireless router.

As a background, I had one WRT120N already in my house before I bought one WAP4410N as advised by a Linksys guy. I wanted to wirelessly extend the signal of my WRT120N wherever its signal is so low around my house. The WAP4410N should work as repeater to WRT120N.

I already configured WAP4410N to work as repeater by enabling all the  choices in its wireless AP mode like the  “wireless WDS repeater” and the “wireless client/repeater” but to no avail. I successfully setup a similar scenario before using the old pair of one WRT54G and one WAP54G. I replaced the old  pair with the newer one ( WRT120N and one WAP4410N).

Is the tandem of WAP4410N and WRT120N can be configured technically as like as what I wanted? Do I need to upgrade the firmware of both devices? Did I miss something in the configuration? I would really appreciate your prompt technical assistance.

Truly yours,

Mon Jimenez

2 Replies 2

Hi Mon,

We have very recently tried something similar to your problem our scenario was this:

1 pcs. WRT320n

1 pcs. WAP4410n

With the WAP4410n as the repeater.

We haven't yet been able to test the two units against each other but through talking to various contacts we realise that there might be a problem with the WRT320n.

In a case like yours and ours the router also have to support using a WDS wireless repeater function.

As far as we can tell the WRT320n does not support this - it is a home user product - and i think the WRT120n is very similar to WRT320n.

The WAP4410n is a "small business" product and the WDS wireless repeater function is not something you see very often in home use product.

We have ordered a WRSV4400n instead - hopefully this will solve the problem.

This is what we have found so far - if any of this is incorrect please reply.

Hi Daniel,

Many thanks for the reply, I really appreciate you sharing similar technical problems we have encountered using this WAP4410N.

I hope your solution of buying WRVS4400N will solve your problem with WRT320N and WAP4410N. Please reply to this if you succesfully configured the pair of WRVS4400N and WAP4410N.

My approach to this problem for economic reason is to ask the store to exchange my WAP4410N with two WAP54G or hardwire the WAP4410N to my WRT120N temporarily and wait for the correct device that would succesfully pair my expensive WAP4410N.

Waiting for the successful pair,

Mon Jimenez

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: