PVC2300 doesn't start up

Unanswered Question
Jul 21st, 2010

Hello, I have this problem with PVC2300.

My system is a PVC2300 and a personal computer. The cammera is connected directly to the PC. There is a comon powers supply for both. The problem is that i switch on the power supply the PC and camera boot but the the the LAN of the CAMERA is not on. To get over the problem I must switch off and on the camera, then I have the connection.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Glenn Quesenberry Tue, 07/27/2010 - 12:40

By connecting the camera directly to your PC are you using a cross-over cable for this?  Also since the camera is connected direclty to your PC it's not getting an IP address from a DHCP server (normal mode of operation) so you would need to follow the steps on page 59 of the Admin Guide to reset the camera and force it to use it's default IP Address of; of course your PC's NIC would need to be statically assigned an address in that range in order to connect to the camera either through a browser or the configuration utility included with the camera.

Best Regards,

asarutan Mon, 08/09/2010 - 14:22

Since you boot up the PC and the camera at the same time it is likely that the camera did not

detect LAN (very likely that the camera booted up before the PC) and will detect the Ethetnet port as "unplugged". This is why you have to rebot the camera once more.

This Discussion

Related Content